Little Applegate Rack of Lamb
- 1 rack of Soay sheep with the chime bone removed (about 6 ribs)
- 1-6 garlic cloves
- 1-3 Tblsp dried rosemary or herbs de provence
- 1 Tblsp olive or vegetable oil
- Set up your outdoor grill to do a medium-sized indirect fire.
- Rub the rack of lamb all over with the oil (Soay is very lean, so a little oil helps
brown the surface).
- Slice the garlic into thin slivers and insert them in slits you make in the meat, more
or less depending on your views about garlic.
- Sprinkle the herbs all over the oiled lamb. If you have fresh rosemary, you can
insert it like little bouquets in more slits in the meat.
- Cook the rack over indirect heat for no more than about 15 minutes -- the meat will
cook very quickly.
- Slice the rack in between each set of ribs to create 6 or 7 little lamb chops.